Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Another Song"





I've been accused of falling in love with your memory
Some people say I'm crazy, others say i'm just alone
If you could see the miserable state you left me
I think that you'd turn around and come home

And I've been saying that for years
Looking out the window through these tears
And I know that I must go on
and learn to sing another song

In my mind you could always do no wrong
I didn't listen when they said that you were going away
I always wondered how you could be so strong
shouldering the burden and weight of yesterday

Sometimes I think I should give up
Pour out what's left in my cup
Other times I want to keep on
Live to hear you sing another song

Even though you left when I was young
It seems like yesterday
and I will always be your son
until my dying day

No comments: